What have I done in Jeju Island?  

Posted by: Lazy Babe in

Day 1:

Well, I left the hotel at 930a.m. Catch a taxi to Seogwipo inter-city bus terminal. It’s pretty near my guesthouse. Nothing new, I have problem communicate with the Korean. From the map, I managed to get a ticket. I didn’t have my breakfast and totall forgotten about the long journey. Luckily I meet a young man who is very helpful. He told me to get on the bus because it’s leaving soon. I took a nap in the bus and hoping the bus will take me to the final destination – Manjang Cave. To my surprise, the bus stop at another bus terminal and the young man asked me to get down the bus. That’s the final destination. I got a shock and asked him for help. He was really nice and gotten me a bus ticket. And he also lent me his phone to call a friend in Seoul. I got into the bus, and with no idea where will it lead me to. Suddenly I heard the word Manjang Cave in English, and the announcement only talk about the history of the cave. Hence, I thought.. Wow… “Heng” I am on the right bus. And again.. I thought the bus will stop at Manjang Cave. Haha… unfortunately, it doesn’t. I happily waited and waited and feeling strange. Because based on the map, it’s going further and further. I asked a couple who sited beside me (lucky he can speak a little English) where’s the bus going to stop at Manjang Cave. And he told me, ah… you have passed the Manjang Bus stop. Well, the bus will be going to another place of attraction – Seongsan Ilchulbong (Sunrise Peak). I wonder what to see there at 2pm? (ya!! I have been travelling in the bus for 5 hrs!!). Sunrise Peak should be meant for “Sunrise time” right?

I realized Korean really love to walk and hike. I am half dead when I climb up to the peak. And true enough… I see nothing… but just sky and sea.



 yeah! I make it to the top. Half dead!




Next, I took a bus from opposite to Manjang Cave. Oh… this is the stupidest thing to do because you see nothing but just a total darkness tunnel. Why am i insisting to go "MANJANG CAVE". The world largest Lave Tube!! haha.....I just have to keep walking and walking, unknowing what there have infront! And SURPRISE!!!!!!
 


After 1000m walk... this is what you see!! and then you see this sign!! please make a u-turn!

After walking for a long day. I finally had a kimchi ramen.
 

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 22, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

kimchi ramen = higher class Maggi mee :D

Post a Comment